Short Course Registration
Short Course Registration Form
Required Permissions and Medical Forms
Return forms to: email@example.com
Washington State School for the Blind is proud to offer our Short-Courses in specific areas of need for blind and low vision students.
- Short courses are offered at no charge for Washington State students and focus on the important Expanded Core Curriculum designed for blind and low vision students.
- Short course students arrive late Sunday and depart at noon on Friday. Students will stay on campus with WSSB students in our supervised cottages with meals supplied on/off-campus depending on events.
- Roundtrip transportation by WSSB via charter bus along I-5 corridor or airline flight to Portland International Airport with transport to/from our campus.
- Courses will include mandatory recreation, emphasis on self-determination and self-advocacy, self-management, as well as a focus on transition after high school.
- In addition, Short-Courses will include a dedicated portion of the day for students to work on the classwork they miss while attending the program.
Who is eligible:
Middle and high school students who are at or near grade level. Students will receive instruction from a Teacher of the Visually Impaired and Certified Orientation and Mobility Specialist. Students can participate in up to 2 courses per school year.
2022-23 School Year Short Courses
Short Courses for the 2022-23 school year will be posted soon, please check again at a later date.
If you have any questions please email me at:
WSSB Irwin Education Building